Bye for now, WoW. AION is my saviour now.

This is the place for introductions, leave of absence notes and other relevant information you may want to convey that doesn't fit any of the other categories.
Ogran

Bye for now, WoW. AION is my saviour now.

Post by Ogran » Aug 23, 2009 11:27

Just thought I'd inform the guild that I'll be off WoW next month (September 22nd) to play AION. And, the time I spend off will be determined by how good AION is, which, by the reviews/videos I've been watching: Should be quite a long time.
The main reason for this is now that WoW is too easy. This has been touched upon many times, and peoples answers generally seem to be in the line of: "Yes, it is", or "Yes it is, but have you tried doing Yogg+0?". Hmm, I don't think that a few end game achievements make up for time spent in between...
But hey, enough of that (before I spark a nerve, hehe).
And, out of curiosity, is anyone else going to try out AION?

More as the release date nears.

Issilistriss

Post by Issilistriss » Aug 23, 2009 12:25

Good luck wherever your roads may lead you. Do keep in touch, though and tell us about your new game.

Iss

Roryrumms

Post by Roryrumms » Aug 24, 2009 10:44

Good luck matey and yeah keep in touch

Maarsch

Post by Maarsch » Aug 24, 2009 10:57

It looks beautiful.

I'm thinking about sidetripping there myself. Have fun
Of all the things I've lost over the years

I miss my mind the most

Maarsch in RL

Ghi

Post by Ghi » Aug 24, 2009 13:15

Hey, looks great...

I dont think my current machine will be able to play that game very well.

I hope you will enjoy yourself!

Give us some nice screenies to drool over!

/salute

Ogran

Post by Ogran » Aug 24, 2009 13:39

Yah, I'll do some screenies, and I think I can do some fraps for ya.
One month to wait: Pre-purchased, can't wait!!!

Ogran

Post by Ogran » Aug 24, 2009 18:22

Against all my morals, I went on a private server of AION before the launch : To see whether my PC can support it, and ... It can, woot.
Took this screenshot of my char hehe, private server started me off with uber armor hehe, here it is:

Raan

Post by Raan » Aug 24, 2009 19:29

It's going to take a mammoth of a game to make me switch to another mmo.
Aion looks good. A little angels vs demons and biblical references is a good way to go, I guess, hehe.

I think the only game in development that I will consider seriously at the moment is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Ansd I'm guessing that's out in 2011 or something, hehe.

Hope you enjoy the game though. The only time worth spending in an online game is the good time :)
Full metal druid.

Azhukl

Post by Azhukl » Aug 25, 2009 00:58

I was thinking of trying it yeah, i got a pc for it so =] may see you on it oggy

Mortanius

Post by Mortanius » Aug 25, 2009 08:18

Raan wrote:I think the only game in development that I will consider seriously at the moment is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Ansd I'm guessing that's out in 2011 or something, hehe.
Exactly the same for me. I'm really excited about that one, being a bit of a Star Wars nerd :P

All the best to you, Ogran. Hopefully might see you knocking about soon.
Last edited by Mortanius on Aug 26, 2009 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mortanius -Warlock- 85 | Avérnus -Mage- 81 | Seriah -Hunter- 62
| Otoha -Druid- 80 | Baen -Paladin- 80 ----

Ogran

Post by Ogran » Aug 25, 2009 20:51

Wolverine: ROFL

Roryrumms

Post by Roryrumms » Aug 26, 2009 17:35

Starwars sounds real good we should all hook up on that :P 2011 hear we come :D lol

Looks well good whats the level cap and how much does it cost ogran?

Cheers Roryrumms

Hairy Bear or Fat bird you know who to /w ;)

Ogran

Post by Ogran » Aug 27, 2009 10:23

Well, the game is £35 and £8.99 a month: The £35 is the pre-purchase version, and you can upgrade to collectors edition for £10.00. I think when it comes out it'll be less.
The level cap is 50. :)
Hope that helps, Rory.

Ogran

Yet another picture:

Post by Ogran » Aug 27, 2009 22:02

Here's another:

PS: AION are doing an Open Beta from the 6th - 13th of September. Would be cool if some other people jumped on! Here's a bit more info:

"Within the next four weeks, we will treat European and North American gamers to two opportunities to jump into the world of Aion and explore Atreia as Asmodian or Elyos characters ahead of its release in Europe on 25th September and North America 22th September. Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place 6-13th September and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements. Open Beta will retain a level cap for both Elyos and Asmodians characters at 30 allowing players to focus on getting to the same level so they can explore the lands of Atreia together, as well as the Abyss.

Players who have pre-ordered Aion will be treated to a Pre-Select and a two-day Headstart period giving them the opportunity to explore, organize and progress through the game prior to the official launch. Pre-Select will take place on 18th September, while Aion's Headstart will begin 20th September. Players can still participate in the Aion's Pre-Select and Headstart programs by pre-ordering the game through several participating online and brick-and-mortar retailers".

And here's a link to the downloader (8gigs beware):
http://www.aionglobal.com/download-aion-client.html

Just an extra extra note: It doesnt matter whether the "North America" or "Europe" client downloads, as long as the NC Launcher is set to "Europe" it'll connect to the Europe servers (Much like it changing our "Realmlist.wtf" in WoW.)

I'll put up more pics (Can't help it) if I just feel like it, hehe.

Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen » Aug 28, 2009 16:40

Aion installs GameGuard ... welcome to having a rootkit installed which isn't terribly compatible with the rest of the world.

So there is no way I'll try Aion until a cleaned client is available.