Vanilla WoW Server

This is the place for introductions, leave of absence notes and other relevant information you may want to convey that doesn't fit any of the other categories.
Azhukl

Vanilla WoW Server

Post by Azhukl » Jul 09, 2009 16:11

Anyone heard about this? Servers with Patches going up to Naxx and thats it... we could play ZG again :| Obviously when you think back you prefer it to what your currently doing and forget there was 50 times more arbitrary grind but never the less more skill and better boss fights etc. If this is true would anyone wanna go back make some new characters level them to 60 and start a guild on the old stuff? Or have you all found new kindled love for wow since WotLK?

I know I would probably be interested.. because its less a question about running around trying to get all epics so other people can /w you after /inspecting you and more about your role and shit.. so who would be up for it? If its true and that..

Azh x :twisted:

Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen » Jul 09, 2009 17:55

Those would be unofficial servers...Blizzard has said nothing about making vanilla servers.

In next patch you will be able to stop experience gain, though, so can remain at lv60 if you desire...

Azhukl

Post by Azhukl » Jul 09, 2009 18:03

Oh... shame then, I wouldn't wanna play it unless its reliable enough and had an actual company funding it blah blah.. Wouldn't wanna cap myself at 60 either, you'd just get frustrated from everyone eventually getting to higher levels and not joining you haha. I think I'm also glossing over the fact that i'd probably be spending more time than I did in the 70s days (which i thought was too much anyway) because i'll need constant repair bill money haha oh no not that again.

Ghi

Post by Ghi » Jul 09, 2009 20:39

On Runetotem are a few people who would like to do the old raids, I have a mage im going to cap at 60.

I have not raided on level 60 till i was able to dream every corner of MC etc.
Other people will think differently about this...

Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen » Jul 09, 2009 21:13

It's certainly an appealing concept...sticking at lv60 until you're raided all of those places and got tired of them, then sticking at lv70 until that's cleared...etc for future.

But the game will never be "as it was"...even if you're only lv60, your talents, skills, and items are rather different than it was back before Burning Crusade.

Minotyre

Post by Minotyre » Jul 10, 2009 00:39

if such a server excists i would make a character on it ;)
im now alrdy leveling my warrior to 60 for pre-tbc raiding with the next patch comes experience stop ability so thats nice ;)

Zanisha

Post by Zanisha » Jul 10, 2009 07:08

I still have one char below 60 (another mage which I leveled with Ghi, I'm thinking about capping it...and I know of one person who has a paladin in high raid gear (what was it, tier 2???) which is still at level 60 because he didn't want it to go on and change gear into clown gear. (TBC) but if he would play with us it would require a change of faction, a change of race and a change of realm...wonder if he is up for that.

I have never before been at level 60 ready to raid, have never even truly seen the raids there. I dinged 60 when TBC came out so for me it would be all sparkly new. I'm thinking about capping some chars. Plus I even got space for more chars on Runetotem, I would love a Zani at level 60, to test my healing skill at that level ^^.
Zanisha - Priest - lvl 85 (The Muppets) / Ailith - Warrior - lvl 85 (The Muppets) / Tonolan - Hunter - lvl 75 (Xenocide) / Ismahal - Warlock - lvl 70 (Xenocide) / Sereyna - Deathknight - lvl 60 (Xenocide) / Elathuria - Mage - lvl 60 (Xenocide)

Maarsch

Post by Maarsch » Jul 10, 2009 09:26

I like the appeal. I would certainly like to go back and do MC as it was meant to do. Not killing Raggie while at 60 is still a blemish on my record (Killed everything else in there though /flex)

But getting 40 people together on the same night with the same intentions . . . .
Not so sure.

I can well image there will be 1 or 2 guild devoted purely to this goal whereas "back in the day" we spread out people far more thinly. But what if one of those requires a hardcore-ish approach to raiding lvl 60 content.

Oh well, we'll see I suppose.
Of all the things I've lost over the years

I miss my mind the most

Maarsch in RL

Elsavira

Post by Elsavira » Jul 10, 2009 09:57

If I am right Mino wants to make a guild for it, I am totally with this idea.
ImageArmory Link

Thou shalt not steal, the government thas not like concurrention.

Veni, Vibi, Vomei I came, I drank and i vomited.

Elsa says: "I did not have sex with that woman!"

Sev says: Fucking learn.

Maarsch

Post by Maarsch » Jul 10, 2009 10:55

It'll be interesting to see if the raiders will have some sort of purity rule.

Titangrip warriors with 2 of these would be arguable

I miss my mind the most

Maarsch in RL

Minotyre

Post by Minotyre » Jul 10, 2009 11:22

Yes im planning to make a Pre-tbc raiding guild for lvl 60 only , making it when the patch comes out and you can cap your characters.
I think many more ppl will be interested , but it might take a while before we actually get to raid. Tho i would need some experienced pre-tbc ppl who know the bosses very good , i know them too , but i was like a month lvl 60 then Tbc came out so havent seen so much of it ^^
I will need many healers , i already have my warrior gearing with D1 , then exchanging for D2 , rdy to raid ^^ dual specced tank/dps.
What do you guys think of the idea of making such a guild ?

Elsavira

Post by Elsavira » Jul 10, 2009 11:53

I know most tactics, might even level another warrior just so i can join :O
ImageArmory Link

Thou shalt not steal, the government thas not like concurrention.

Veni, Vibi, Vomei I came, I drank and i vomited.

Elsa says: "I did not have sex with that woman!"

Sev says: Fucking learn.

Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen » Jul 10, 2009 18:46

Maarsch wrote:It'll be interesting to see if the raiders will have some sort of purity rule.

Titangrip warriors with 2 of these would be arguable
Enchants are also a big consideration...several enchants that merely require level 60 or above, but are rather more powerful than anything pre-BC.

Azhukl

Post by Azhukl » Jul 11, 2009 00:15

Well muppets could host 60 nights and 70 nights? Post stuff round RT forums and say if anyone wants to cap one of their alts at 60 and another at 70 or whatever then you could have a wide range of different raids instead of grinding the sames ones till more new content is brought out.. I reckon something like that would bring me back to the game haha.

I'd probably just cap Azh at 70.. save me the trouble of making an alt lol. Not sure to what extent people would take it to though. Would you wanna progress an alt through all the 60 content? Because I would but yeah not sure how many else. =] As for the talents / enchants and stuff.. they probably make it so you only need 30 or so instead of 40, however i'd be pure enough to actually never go through the dark portal on my capped 60 since outland gear would just ruin the challenge.

Would be lush to raid with you guys again too especially if its 60 raids... theres not gonna be anyone flipping out about gear and that because its not what the masses want anymore, so that just leaves the actually raiding and progressing which is why I played this game in the first place. If you lot are gonna try it I will too :D

ahem.. i just need to sort my pc out =/ somehow my mates external harddrive has broken it.. it no longer turns on, ah well its motive enough for me to replace the bits that are still dated.

Cheers Az

Edit: Oh balls.. just remembered no Naxx 40 though :'( still if all goes to plan we could try and progress through the 60 stuff and the 70 stuff we missed ;)

Edit edit: oh balls oh balls... can never old school pvp though can we :'(

Edit edit edit: Mino.. i'll level a healer for you, if I can get my PC running... umm haha what type of healer would you like? ;) I think I got a pally which is the closest to 60.

And @ Maarsch.. in terms of purity.. I think it would be cool if everyone stuck to gear which wasn't from outland.. any quests that came in with TBC for level 60s or even any TBC pvp gear but then again whos gonna bother checking everyone. I bet you'll get a few dpsers sneakly putting on some outland stuff to rape the dps charts haha. Spec and the fact i'll probably be a paladin doesn't bother me but we could as I said before make the 40 mans 30 and the 20 mans 15 to compensate for the new spec benefits or whatever.

Maarsch

Post by Maarsch » Jul 11, 2009 10:19

Oh man, and can you imagine WANTING to collect for instance shaman gear with spirit or warrior gear with spirit

I miss my mind the most

Maarsch in RL