Dengse (Closed)

Feel like a muppet sometimes? See if you're fuzzy enough to join our ranks.
Dengse

Dengse (Closed)

Post by Dengse » Oct 23, 2009 13:45

Character Name: Dengse

Class: Holy Paladin

Race: Human

Is this character your "main"? Yes

Why do you want to join The Muppets?

After I resigned from my old guild i decided it was time to change the venue. I decided to transfer to horde, and i had a good look at some crowded servers. Runetotem was my choice. It was listet as full :)
I then searched the forums on wow-europe for a list of guilds on runetotem, and i almost fell in love wioth the laid back attitude you seem to have. Not meant badly, i am sure you get things done, but not too high strung :)
I went through everything i could find on this site before applying

Are you interested in raiding?

Yes, 1 or 2 times a week. Sometimes more.

Tell us about your experience in WoW so far (how long you have played, what guilds you have been in etc. Tell us a little story).

My account was created 1st of May 2005, and I have been doing the usual stuff:

lvl 60: Aq20,Aq40, ZG, MC, BWL (not Naxx) (loved the 40 man stuff :D)
lvl 70: all heroics, Serpentshrine Caverns, Grull's Lair, Black Temple, Tempest Keep (The Eye)
lvl 80: most heroics, Naxx10/25

I was in TRDO (The Royal Danish Order) until it turned into a hardcore rading guild late 2006.

then i played til lvl 69 without a guild and then i joined Ordo Illustria. I was an officer there until we merged with Geriatric Youth and once again i found myself in a hardcore raiding guild :(

I resigned from that guild peacefully last night, with a welcome back notice.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a 37 year old danish male from Copenhagen. I work as a It Project Manager and have been living with the same girl for an embarrasing 13 years. No kids yet, but practicing.

Do you have any high level alts? Will be transferring my favoutit alt, Achelous a lvl 80 BM hunter.
Currently levelling an undead rogue :)

Do you know anyone in the Muppets already?
Nopes, none

Have you been in the Muppets before? If so, why did you leave and under what circumstances?
No

I hope there is room for a green to be holy paladin. I have been holy all the way through levelling, got my an easy pass to instances :)
I have a bundle of alts, most are lvl 65-75.

Eoife

Post by Eoife » Oct 23, 2009 14:26

Hey Dengse,

Nice to see your application like you said you would.
To clarify for my inmates, Dengse hit me up for some info on the Muppets on Wednesday.
Actually I imagined you to be younger, but we already have a nice and large age range anyway, right Ghi? :twisted:

You already indicated to me you like the social aspect of a guild and are therefore interested in us. From your story the social aspect is also very clear.

I do have a question regarding the previous guilds you were in: what was the reason for Ordo Illustria to join with Geriatric Youth? Were the two guilds themselves too small to be an effective group? Or did the other members have higher aspirations? As an officer I'm sure you had your vote in the merger.

Long story short, I'm always happy to see someone just having fun playing WoW and being willing to help out his mates (and of course a bit of raiding). You've got my vote!!

Perhaps it's an idea to try and join one of our Monday eve raids to get to know some of us...?

Regards,
Eoife
An it harm none, do as ye will.

Issilistriss

Post by Issilistriss » Oct 23, 2009 17:40

Hello Dengse,

welcome to our forum. Your application is now under consideration, we usually take a week to come to a conclusion. This way we can get to know each other, ask some questions etc.

From the looks of your application you would fit right in, our members are of diverse ages and from all over europe, with the north well represented.

Here's the thing I almost always ask: What do you like most about the game? This can be a straightforward answer, or a little anecdote about something you once did or experienced in WoW that you really enjoyed.

have fun,

Issilistriss

Dengse

Post by Dengse » Oct 24, 2009 00:31

Easy mate :)

I like to play with others, playing alone doesnt kick me :)

Oh, and Ordo Merged with GY to be able to do 25 mans instance, so yes you got it ;)

And yes I had a vote, but the deal didnt seem to be that hardcore.

(edited because the post was created in a rather tipsy state, after a freebee night out :) )

Dengse

Post by Dengse » Oct 27, 2009 09:17

Dengse will be transferred to Runetotem/Horde today.

I know yesterday would have been ideal for a raid option, but i decided to go out to see my favourite football team loose instead :p

Ghi

Post by Ghi » Oct 27, 2009 10:15

Hi Dengse,

You sound like a chap that would fit right in.

Atm Im not active on Runetotem (got 10 chars there and still some classes to play so moved to another server to play those.), so Ill leave the current raiding information to others.

For the most part Muppets is laid back, do as you please, but if you sign we expect you to be there. that's the nutshell.

For the part you are crossing 13 yrs... I applaud you. I hope you will add a multiple 13 yrs to that. Its a nice thing to find a person you connect with right? And practice makes perfect.... have fun!

Ghi

( Oh and Eoife, /poke / tickle )
Ghiantiara, Mage
Ghialazea, Warlock
Ghiull, Priest
Ghingoo, Druid
Ghimaera, Rogue
Ghiaelle, Paladin

Dengse

Post by Dengse » Oct 29, 2009 14:03

I think I messed up, they seem to have a new "Race change" as opposed to "Faction Change"

"This character cannot change races again until 3 days have elapsed."

Does that apply to faction change and server change too? .... hmmm I guess i will find out :)

Hmm seems Blizz will make money on me this month :p

Raan

Post by Raan » Oct 29, 2009 19:12

Seems indeed like you would fit into the Muppets quite nicely.

Consider yourself approved for joining as soon as you get onto the server.

Talk to Raan/Auna, Meraljin/Senache, Issilisstriss, Zanisha, or whomever you find online with /who Muppets, and we'll make sure you get an invitation :)

See you there :)
Full metal druid.

Dengse

Post by Dengse » Oct 30, 2009 09:00

I got on the server now, but because i changed race, i cannot change faction until sunday :(

I will try and get a hold of one of you then :D

Eoife

Post by Eoife » Oct 30, 2009 13:39

Nice to know and welcome to the club, mate!! :)
An it harm none, do as ye will.

Dengse

Post by Dengse » Nov 01, 2009 13:38

Je suis maintent un trez belle Blood Elf Paladin homme :D

And thats a warning, i take intense french classes 2 times a week , i am at level 2 of 12 :p

Ghi

Post by Ghi » Nov 02, 2009 23:43

oh oohh... frogs...

=)