Faction changes? you've gotta be f*cking joking

You don't need no backstage passes. Just go straight in behind the scenes.
Nova

Faction changes? you've gotta be f*cking joking

Post by Nova » Jul 03, 2009 02:38

http://www.wow.com/2009/06/29/faction-c ... -warcraft/

If this isn't some sort of sick, sick joke...then oh, my dear god.

Entire server economies will be ruined, H/A ratio's destroyed..i mean, why would they do this?
-Ex Muppetier`

Maarsch

Post by Maarsch » Jul 03, 2009 07:04

Go gnome or go home!!
Of all the things I've lost over the years

I miss my mind the most

Maarsch in RL

Raan

Re: Faction changes? you've gotta be f*cking joking

Post by Raan » Jul 03, 2009 08:09

Nova wrote:
Entire server economies will be ruined, H/A ratio's destroyed..i mean, why would they do this?
Two reasons: Popular demand, and cashflow. I'd me mighty surprised if this service is free once they implement it.

In effect I would believe that we get more horde players. The 13 year olds who started playing are now 18 and have a better perspective on how the world works :P

Economy-wise, I have no clue. I don't spend a lot of money in game. My guess: you won't notice.
Full metal druid.

Severinus

Post by Severinus » Jul 03, 2009 11:32

TKA Something have this discussion too: http://forums.tkasomething.com/showthre ... de&t=15486
I kill two dwarves in the morning. I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel alright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Severinus: All you need to know.
Sev's WoW audio mix
Personal website: The SMC of Funen

I judge people by their looks and havn't seen myself in a mirror ever since.
S MC

Issilistriss

Post by Issilistriss » Jul 03, 2009 11:58

H/A ratio's destroyed
The H/A ratio is screwed anyway.... ...is what I was going to write. Once you actually look up the data, it seem more balanced than I remember. Globally the ratio looks like about 60:40 in favour of the alliance [source: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/quickstats.php]

Runetotem seems to be going in the opposite direction, hmm... I somehow had a figure of 3:1 in favour of the alliance in memory... stuff changes, even without the faction change option, it seems.

I more or less saw this as a bungled attempt to FIX the ratio, to coax people over to the "underdog" side.

In total, I believe the effect will be in the range of the effect of paid transfers: hardly noticeable. If one in 1000 payers ever used this, it'd be a lot.

Iss

Boneclinkz

Post by Boneclinkz » Jul 03, 2009 16:55

Because all Human Rogues want to go Undead, since Titan Forged trinkets are released, there's not much of point being a Human anymore.
Best theory ;>

PS : Sorry, Akismet thinks your post is spam. Clean it up before retrying, or include the string "muppets.ws" in the post.. again -_-

Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen » Jul 03, 2009 17:00

It's about time they include such a service. I never saw any reason they didn't have it in from launch.

All they need now is dye for your gear so you can look how you want to, instead of how Blizzard thinks you should look.

Raan

Post by Raan » Jul 03, 2009 18:43

Coloration of gear is crafter-only. Tailors can dye cloth etc... Would be great. I'd finally be able to get a decent walkaround set :)

Blizzard need to hire Meraljin as a producer/designer :P
Full metal druid.

Ghi

Post by Ghi » Jul 03, 2009 20:50

oooh rainbows.....

Ogran

Post by Ogran » Jul 07, 2009 12:01

It works on Guild Wars, and it'd work on WoW!!!

Nova

Post by Nova » Jul 07, 2009 23:03

Funnily enough Tino, they're actually changing the way raid loot works. One way, is that in 3.2, Tokens can be used to purchase any type of tier gear (For example, a token can buy you Chest/head/hands etc, instead of just one, you get to select). I suppose that allows you to gear at your own pace, and design your gear more how you like to play.

And also, they're changing the colour schemes. Instead of being faction exclusive, they're making them race exclusive..or something.
-Ex Muppetier`

Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen » Jul 08, 2009 14:16

They also got tired of misassigned loot, so they're changing the way looting works...in the future, the items can be traded amongst eligible people for 2 hours after killing the boss. That's bloody excellent and should have been done ages ago...

Elsavira

Post by Elsavira » Jul 09, 2009 08:29

That is smart yes, Also the Experience lock will be cool. But faction changes I am against.
ImageArmory Link

Thou shalt not steal, the government thas not like concurrention.

Veni, Vibi, Vomei I came, I drank and i vomited.

Elsa says: "I did not have sex with that woman!"

Sev says: Fucking learn.

Rebbelion

Post by Rebbelion » Jul 09, 2009 11:22

they do some pretty cool stuff , the change some aspects of the game ya , but at the end faction change goes a bit 2 far , change faction or swapping btw races sounds a bit 2 much for me at least.
Slith is back from more for more
I see u crawling!!!you ll soon!!!
ImageArmory Link
Sanitarium leave me be
....leave me alone!!!(seriously)
ImageArmory Link
The clans r marching against the law...
Rebellion on my mind!

Personal macro : !!! :o

Severinus

Post by Severinus » Jul 09, 2009 18:39

More freedom to do what you want to do in World of Warcraft. Can't be bad.
I'm not sure if the faction-change will apply to all your characters or just the one you choose.
I kill two dwarves in the morning. I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel alright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Severinus: All you need to know.
Sev's WoW audio mix
Personal website: The SMC of Funen

I judge people by their looks and havn't seen myself in a mirror ever since.
S MC